November 17, 2021 Meeting Summary
-- see also the October 27, 2021 meeting summary
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
and get notifications of meetings and news:
Welcome and Introductions
Introductions Norah Robinson, King County Parks; Greg Helland, SODA representative, FOMP President; Michael Hobbs, FOMP Secretary, webmaster; Glenn Eades, Eastside Audubon;
- CIP/Projects/Facilities Updates
- Eastside Audubon Birdloop Work party, first Saturday in December. Cant help but be better weather than the November work party. Plantings going in Snag Row, alder forest, etc.
- Community Gardens The board election recently happened and the votes are still being tabulated. Laura will share the final results once they have them.
- Off-leash Area/SODA Areas of the Dog Park that get flooded this winter will be closed off for safety of dogs, humans, and of the Dog Park itself. They ask all to please respect these closures.
- MAR/C Model Airplane Field It appears that Parks may be willing to move forward with approval for the shelter that MAR/C has requested, despite projects generally being on hold until the Master Plan is updated. Money from Parks probably wont be available until the Master Plan is done, however, so MAR/C would have to find other funding sources.
- Sound Transit Trail lighting they are looking into smart lights that dim when user levels are low, and sometimes even shut off though with motion-activation. Greg wants to make sure that lights are not on all night, especially as the park is officially closed at night. Signs to that effect should also be posted.
Sammamish Rowing Association Parking lot lights have been installed. Greg complained that they are way bright and they were on long after the parking lot was empty. He asked for the lights to be on a timer shutting them off no more than 1/2 hour after last SRA events. Michael complained that the lighting went in without FOMP feedback first. Greg concurred, saying that the issues that he raised would have been addressed before installation instead of afterwards.
- Event Updates
- Cirque Du Soliel - Alegria Runs January 18th - March 10th (unless extended) under the big top on the Event Pad. See cirquedusoleil.com
Parking for Cirque is $25, though free with a Marymoor parking pass. Show times, generally, are 8:00 p.m. Wednesday and Thursday, 4:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Sundays. Expect heavy traffic in the two hours before showtimes.
Next meeting Wednesday, January 26th, 2022
These notes do not constitute an official record of the meeting. They may have inaccuracies and omissions. If anyone has any complaints about the content of these notes, they should direct them to Michael Hobbs at email@example.com, and he will endeavor to correct them.