Friends of Marymoor Park
April 23th, 2003 Meeting Summary
Meeting called to order at 7:08 PM by Greg Helland and introductions of those attending.
2. Concerts in Marymoor Schedule. Dave Littrell reported that a formal press conference would occur on Thursday, 4/24/03 introducing to the media, public and community the artists and dates for the Concerts @ Marymoor series that will occur during the Summer. The artists included many well-known names and the number of concerts booked for the season also exceeded expectations for the first season. The major concern of the public spokes people continues to be the level and frequency of “Noise” from the Park. A great deal of attention has been paid to the “Noise” issue including the alignment of the stage, the design and type of the sound system and by limiting the planned attendance. Noise limitations were placed in the artist contracts and contingency plans will be in place to attempt to minimize the impact on the adjoining neighborhoods.
The schedule of concerts is at www.concertsatmarymoor.com.
3. Concert Traffic Management Plans. Particular attention has been made to minimize the impact of concert Traffic on the rest of the Park users. Major impacts will be the necessary closing of the South Lot to public traffic on the day of the concerts to provide for the large tractor trailer trucks delivering show setup material for the stages. The concert going traffic will be parked in the Activity Field across the road from Willowmoor Meadow and arranged so that those that lights form cars that might exit early would not impact the stage or concert attendees.
4. Event Updates. Norah handed out an Updated Calendar of Events dated 4/23/03 that combines the various special events, including concerts, that will occur in the Park this summer.
5. Long Term Parking System Review. The future parking fee collection system will be similar to what exist today but with automated machines that will collect the fee, make change, date the parking stubs that are to be placed on your car’s dashboard. Second step will be to put up an exit booth next to the R/C Field to either collect a parking fee or validate that each driver has paid a parking fee to exit East bound out of the Park. The objective is to greatly reduce the through traffic during rush hours through the park.
Quarterly passes will be offered for sale (passes are to be place on the dashboard). Other types of passes may be considered but the administrative costs must be minimal to be considered. Enforcement issues are still under discussion. It is likely that an ordinance will be requested allowing certain Park employees to issue parking violation citations to individual vehicles that do not display an appropriate parking pass or ticket on the dashboard of the vehicle.
6. Community Gardener’s Funding Request. The Community Gardner’s requested FOMP funding to support the purchase and spreading of compost on the Food Bank’s Garden Plots and for the repair of compost bins damaged during the winter by high winds. The request was discussed and a motion was made to fund the Community Garners’ request, by a sum not to exceed $500.00 dollars. A quorum of the FOMP Board Members was present and the FOMP Board formally approved the motion.
7. Other Reports. Greg Reported that the restoration project to remove the old trees/ create snags and replant and refurbish the area between Soccer Fields 7, 8 and 9 and the Interpretive Parking Lots is essential completed. A work party will be called for May 10th to complete the fencing and mulching work. Project is within Budget and meeting expected completion dates and the snags are attracting the bird species that were expected to use them.
The next FOMP meeting will be Wednesday, May 28th. At 7PM.
These notes were made by the webmaster, Michael Hobbs, and they do not constitute an official record of the meeting. They may have inaccuracies and omissions. If anyone has any complaints about the content of these notes, they should direct them to Michael Hobbs at email@example.com, and he will endeavor to correct them.
Problems, comments, suggestions? Email the FOMP webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org