Friends of Marymoor Park
May 26th, 2011 Meeting Summary
Norah Gaynor (King County Parks), Christina Merten (FOMP Board Member, Marymoor Community Gardener's Association), Michael Hobbs (Eastside Audubon, FOMP Secretary), Jack MacKinnon (Marymoor Community Gardeners Association)
Tree Survey Update Report
The Tree Plan open house was not well attended; only about 5 people showed up. No changes resulted from the comments.
Christina suggested that if Greg has made sure that the current version of the report contains the updates based on the last 2 FOMP meetings, then it should be good to go.
Norah advised us that KC Parks requested one clarification and one change. The clarification was that the survey was not a wetlands delineation survey. The change was regarding the strip of land north/northeast of the event pad (between the pad and SR-520, and extending a bit west to the defined wetland mitigation area); that land is currently not regarded as wetland and has been mowed, etc. On the maps in the report, that area had been shown as part of the mitigation wetland.
[ Greg has since confirmed with Ella that all requested changes have been made, and has directed Ella to finalize and distribute the document. ]
1) Birdloop Eastside Audubon is working to complete their tool shed in the East Meadow.
2) NE Marymoor Way Paving Centerline repainting in the eastern part of the park has been completed.
Loosestrife Personnel from KC Parks, KC Noxious Weed Control, and
EarthCorps had a meeting. Surveys of the 2010 treatment area will be done
as soon as plants are visible (and water levels recede); further control plans
will be assessed after the surveys. Probably surveying will have to wait
until mid-summer due to unprecedented seasonal high water levels in Lake
4) Community Garden Their big clean-up project was a big success.
5) Boathouse Project See update: http://sammamishrowing.org/newboathouse. Turn lane extension paving is scheduled for sometime in June; they need 5 warm days without rain, and that just hasn't happened.
6) East Lake Sammamish Trail The Redmond section has been, or will soon be closed for paving. Construction on the parking lot and trail should start soon.
7) Interpretive Lot (Lot G) Improvements No additional news
8) Paved Path work is in progress on repairing/replacing the old "par course" trail. A new drain is also being installed at the entrance to Turf Fields 1-4, where a large puddle often forms. Clise path repairs will be scheduled soon.
9) North Playground Improvements to the playground next to the Subway shop are scheduled for the summer of 2011. Some updates/repairs to the existing play equipment will be performed. If there is funding available, there will possibly be an addition of a "Tot" section; the current playground is aimed at the 6-12 year old group, the new section would be targeting the 3-5 year olds. Improved accessibility will be part of any changes made. A Design Draft should be available for review at the next FOMP meeting.
Problems, comments, suggestions? Email the FOMP webmaster at email@example.com