Friends of Marymoor Park
April 25, 2013 Meeting Summaries
1) Introductions: Herb Bone, Marymoor R/C Club, FOMP Board; Norah Robinson, King County Parks; Jack McKinnon, Marymoor Community Gardens; Michael Hobbs, Eastside Audubon, FOMP Secretary
2) Clise Mansion Management: Currently, and for the foreseeable future, King County Parks is managing the Clise Mansion. Parks had neared an agreement with Seattle Event Solutions / Local 360 for Clise Management, but that deal was restructured, in part because there are some moderately involved renovations needed for the mansion. SES holds the liquor permit for the Clise Mansion, the concert venue, and the Recreation and Events Area, and is the preferred caterer for Clise Mansion events. The catering deal is non-exclusive, but SES / Local 360 is the first choice, and the renter will get a rental discount since SES does more of the setup and cleanup, reducing the burden on Parks personnel.
King County Parks is reviewing the fee structure for Mansion rentals, to make sure that Parks will profit. Clise Mansion takes a lot of garden maintenance to keep it looking sharp.
The renovations including floor refinishing and kitchen upgrades. Norah is hoping to get this work done soon, but there are already events scheduled for May, and there are funding issues and time constraints.
Booking for Clise is currently on hold, waiting for the concert schedule, and fee schedule revisions.
3) Climbing Rock Playground: Parks has capital money available, and this playground seems a good place to expand. Thought is to target the 6-12 age group, and Norah is lobbying for more action-oriented features such as small zip-lines, climbing rocks, etc. As with the new playground addition near the turf soccer fields / Subway, there will also be some adult exercise equipment as well. The new construction would go just east of the existing playground. Initial design and permits will probably be done by an architect, but Parks can handle most of the construction. Hopefully, this work could start sometime this summer.
4) CIP Project/Facility Updates:
4) Events: - Warning for August 10 – Two BIG 5K’s in the morning, and a concert that afternoon and night.
Next Meeting: May 22, 2013, 7:00 pm at the Art Barn
These notes do not constitute an official record of the meeting. They may have inaccuracies and omissions. If anyone has any complaints about the content of these notes, they should direct them to Michael Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will endeavor to correct them.
Problems, comments, suggestions? Email the FOMP webmaster at email@example.com