February 22, 2023 Meeting Summary
-- see also the January 25, 2023 meeting summary
- Welcome and Introductions: Greg Helland, FOMP President; Chris Jordan, Marymoor Park Administration, King County Parks; Shane Berry, Cascade Music Collective; Shai Hinitz - MAR/C representative
- Clise Mansion – Facility Assessment: Kickoff Meeting
King County staff convened an internal meeting to discuss and start developing a scope of work for a consultant contract. Information on improvement costs will be needed for budgeting, and possibly the next parks levy. An RFP will be developed
- CIP/Project/Facility Updates:
a. Eastside Audubon: Feb 1 work party for planting in meadow and near overlook.
b. Community Garden (MCGA): Waiting for spring weather.
c. R/C Field (MAR/C): 5-year CPG agreement signed in January. R/C field upgrades project starting with geotechnical evaluation for the structure supports. Permitting will be the next step. Ideally, construction can start in Summer 2023. Select project tasks may be supported by KC Parks.
d. Off-leash area (SODA): Sold 570 annual parking passes. Proceeding with off-season maintenance activities (e.g., dead tree removal). Noted that Herons are moving into the rookery.
e. Cascade Mountain Collective (Concert venue): New box office, procured from local supplier, scheduled for March 13-20 delivery window. Discovered that new wind walls will be needed. Power availability issues will require plan change – artist’s area will have to remain in the Clise Mansion for another year. Preparing program details (project manual, including plans, layout, security, etc.) for KC per agreement.
f. Maintenance Items: Maintenance yard expansion project starting in March. Stormwater project near maintenance barn planned for 2024. Fiber optic installation will proceed in March as weather allows. Clise parking lights project should begin in April. Natural turf fields expected to be open for use April 1.
g. Events Update: Festival of Color 3/18. Outdoor movies (walk-up format) planned for non-concert Wednesday evenings during the summer. See other calendar updates.
h. Sound Transit Updates: Mitigation planting started along Bear Creek. KC Parks negotiating with Sound Transit to use large parking structure (under const. northeast of the park) for large events.
i. Masterplan: Internal scoping and budget discussions underway. KC Parks hopes to have contractor selected in 2023. FOMP requested opportunity to review the draft scope of work. Overall Master Planning process likely to take up to two years.
- FYI: Lake Hills/NW Lk Sammamish Sewer Upgrade Project - See updates at: https://kingcounty.gov/depts/dnrp/wtd/capital-projects/active/lake-hills-nw-lake-sammamish.aspx
- New Business
- Is there interest in installing a camera in one of the park owl boxes? Similar cameras have been popular.
- Discussed option for virtual attendance. Would need additional equipment to make the experience better for remote participants.
Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. Location: Art Barn
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST
and get notifications of meetings and news:
These notes do not constitute an official record of the meeting. They may have inaccuracies and omissions. If anyone has any complaints about the content of these notes, they should direct them to Michael Hobbs at email@example.com, and he will endeavor to correct them.